Origami Galaxy for Kids Kit: An Origami Journey Through the Solar System and Beyond! [Includes an Instruction Book, Poster, 48 Sheets of Origami Pa (Other)
This cosmic kit is bursting with exciting models inspired by stars, planets, and space exploration. These easy origami projects will transform young folders into intergalactic travelers as they pilot their starship through the Solar System and beyond Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11's lunar landing in a hands-on way with this kit. Kids can learn about the moon and what it takes to get there, as each model comes with information on astronomy and cosmology. Blend an interest in our Universe with the fun of origami paper folding The breathtaking night sky fascinates children everywhere, inspiring an appreciation of science and astronomy, as well as science fiction stories, comics, cartoons and films. Many kids even dream of becoming an astronomer or astronaut when they grow up, which makes this unique kit a perfect gift. The included large wall poster is packed with colorful graphics that relate interesting information about the Solar System, the Milky Way galaxy, and the Universe--the perfect way for kids to decorate their room or classroom while they deepen their knowledge of the cosmos. This origami kit includes everything you need:
- A full-color instruction book containing easy, step-by-step instructions for 12 models
- 48 sheets of folding paper
- A 21 x 24 fun and educational wall poster
- Online video tutorials
- A Rocket--with its classic red fin styling, the model is ready to soar into the unknown on a voyage of discovery.
- A Dwarf Star--one of 4 types of star models in the kit, this one has 4 points and can be folded up in just 10 steps
- A Flying Saucer--a ring-like enigma from another galaxy. Do they come in peace?
- Planet One--a crater-pocked rocky planet, ripe for imaginary exploration
- A Space Hero Picture Frame--intrepid explorers are eligible for induction into the Hall of Heroes gallery by way of this cleverly folded frame
- And many more
Rita Foelker is a writer and journalist who lives and works in Brazil, where she teaches young and old the art of origami. She has participated in numerous international projects and her models have been published in several countries. Her work has been featured in the publications of the British Origami Society and in books, magazines and websites worldwide. She is the author of several origami books and kits, including Origami Fun for Kids.